英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

时间:2022-03-30 11:00 | 分类: 句子大全 | 作者:南京学府翻译 | 评论: 次 | 点击:

含蓄虚拟条件句,是指将条件从句隐藏在上下文一定的短语中的一类条件句。

下面是含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式~

1. 将条件隐含在不定式短语中

I should be happy to go with you.

如果能与你一起去,我将很高兴。

(=I should be happy if I could go with you.)

英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

To have studied harder, you would have passed the examination.

你学习更用功些,你早就考及格了。

(=If you have studied harder, you…)

2. 将条件隐含在分词短语中

Born in better times, he would have been a scholar.

如果出生在好时代,他早就成为学者了。

(=If he had been born in better times, he …)

Failing this time, what would you do?

假若这次失败,那你怎么办?

(=If you failed this time, what…)

英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

Walking alone in the dark, Mary would be terrified.

要一个人单独在黑暗中走,玛丽会感十分害怕。

(=If Mary walked alone in the dark, she…)

3. 将条件隐含在介词短语中

Without air, no one could live.

没有空气,人就不能活。

(=If there were no air, no one could live.)

But for his help, he would have failed.

要不是有他的帮助,他就会失败了。

(=It it hadn’t been for his help, he would have failed.)

英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

4. 将条件隐含在名词短语中

A true friend would not have betrayed me.

若是真正的朋友,就不会背弃我。

(=If he had been a true friend, he would…)

A few hours earlier, and you would have seen the famous writer.

要是你早来几个小时,你就见到这位著名的作家了。

(=If you had come a few hours earlier, you…)

5. 将条件隐含在某些连词中

I didn’t know that he was a cheat, or else I wouldn’t have believed him.

我不知道他是个骗子,不然我也不会相信他了。

(or else=if I had known he was a cheat)

英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

I’m really very busy, otherwise I would certainly go there with you.

我真的是太忙了,不然我就会同你一道去了。

(otherwise=if I were not so busy)

6. 将条件隐含在定语从句中

Anyone who had seen that painting might have taken it for a photo.

凡是看过那画的人,都可能把它看成是照片。

(=If anyone had seen that painting…)

英语干货丨含蓄虚拟条件句的七种表现形式,学到就是赚到

7. 将条件隐含在一定的上下文中

Don’t bother to read all these papers. It would take too long.

不要费事看所有这些文件了,那会花太多时间。

(=…If you read all these papers, It would take too long)

今天的英语知识你掌握了吗?记得收藏学习。

喜欢请多多关注学府翻译哦~


  • 发表评论
【已经有()位大神发现了看法】

  • 匿名发表
  •  
人参与,条评论